On the Publications page, you’ll find links to our recent publications.
- Investing for Impact: Lessons from MacArthur Foundation’s Window of Opportunity Initiative
Study of enterprise-level investments designed to build capacity of housing nonprofits across the country to preserve affordable housing at significant scale. With Abt Associates.
- In Practice: Program Related Investments for Sustained Impact: Study of the Hilton Foundation’s program-related investments for the Corporation for Supportive Housing and its impact on the comprehensive effort to end chronic homelessness in Los Angeles.
- What Happens to Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Properties at Year 15 and Beyond?
National study, commissioned by HUD, of outcomes for Year 15 LIHTC properties throughout the U.S.
- Best Practices in Supportive Housing Property Management
National study identifying best business practices in the management of permanent supportive housing.
- Seven Successful Strategies for Marketing and Managing Mixed-Income Housing
National study detailing numerous well-tested techniques used in marketing mixed-income housing.
- Best Practices for Small and Rural New England Property Management Firms
Wisdom from several New England firms which overcame the common challenge of managing small and scattered-site properties.
- Against All Odds
Even one of the country’s strongest rental markets, management of affordable housing has imposed growing financial strains on practitioners. Bay-Area focused study with national implications.
- Moving to Work Expiring Agencies’ Expiring Use Preservation Programs: An Innovative Effort to Preserve Affordable Housing in Massachusetts
An examination of how public housing agencies under HUD’s MTW program have preserved affordable housing.
- RAD as a Preservation Tool in Massachusetts: Initial Implementation
A look at how HUD’s Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) is being used in Massachusetts.